Welcome! I’m Eric Lippert; I design and implement programming language tools. This is my blog where I talk about programming and programming language design, with occasional diversions about my other various interests.
I wrote this blog from 2003 to 2012 for Microsoft and I am gradually migrating the content to this site; there is a lot of it, the formatting is inconsistent, and it will take some time.
If you’re looking for the original content, it is archived in several locations because Microsoft continues its multi-decade tradition of not knowing how to run a blog server for some reason.
- Posts from September 2003 through December 2003 were originally on http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/ericli/, which can be found in the internet archive here.
- Posts from January 2004 through February 2005 were on http://weblogs.asp.net/EricLippert/, which can be found in the internet archive here.
- Posts from March 2005 through May 2010 were on http://blogs.msdn.com/ericlippert, which can be found in the internet archive here.
- Posts from May 2010 through my leaving Microsoft in November of 2012 were on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericlippert/; Microsoft maintained that location through November 2015, which can be found in the internet archive here.
- A mostly complete, badly formatted, comment stripped archive is maintained by Microsoft here.